Today we are more connected through Social Media than we’ve ever been in the history of man – we’re also more Socially disconnected in real life than we’ve ever been in our entire history.
The realities of our Global Conscience are just too difficult to absorb or to confront in our day to day lives;
– Exploitation – cheap labour, human rights, natural resources, slave labour http://www.collective-evolution.com/2016/05/13/stop-supporting-child-slavery-by-avoiding-these-7-companies/
– Environmental Distruction/Pollution/Degradation http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/before-the-flood-2016/
– Fossil Fuels – fuelling environmental disasters & Wars https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pipeline_accidents
– Debt – every day we’re coerced into it deeper and deeper by consumer driven society http://www.nationaldebtclocks.org/
– Immigration – wars are fuelling the floodtides of people risking their lives for safety only to be turned away
– Learned Helplessness – we’re unable to see where, how and whom to help the list is endless and our knowledge of the best methods for assistance are clouded.
What can WE do?
Physical traditional street protests today are being met with harsh government crackdowns. Violent aggression from militarised police forces and limited media coverage if any to spread the word of our discontent with the current status quo.
But what we can be certain of is that the sources of our discomfort all stem from the Capitalist culture the ‘more is more’ message being fed to us at increasing rates.
So how do we combat this?
We need to go back to basics – we need to be aware of the true cost of our purchases – we need to consider the greatest impact on our lives and the lives of those in our communities is supporting local, small businesses.
We can hit many of these industries in their pocket – IF WE WORK TOGETHER!!
* BUY LOCALLY FROM LOCAL PRODUCERS
* TAKE THE BUS, A BIKE, CAR POOL
* REDUCE, REUSE & RECYCLE
* REJECT CHEAP PRODUCTS MADE FROM QUESTIONABLE LABOUR SOURCES
* DONATE RATHER THAN TRASH IF IT’S REUSABLE: CLOTHES, TECHNOLOGY, APPLIANCES
* MAKE A CONSCIOUS DECISION TO REJECT EXCESS PLASTIC PACKAGING – USE YOUR OWN BAGS FOR GROCERIES, BUY FRESH NOT PROCESSED
* STOP PUTTING MONEY IN THE POCKETS OF CONGLOMERATES
WORLDWIDE CALL TO ACTION
Let’s endeavour to put our money where our HEARTS ARE! Creation of regular calls to action where we can say a COLLECTIVE NO THROUGH SOCIAL ACTION!
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE – FOR OUR FUTURE!